Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Clavicle Update, 1-Month

Son of a b*tch. Went in for my 1-month check up and there is still a small gap/space between the shattered pieces and the main clavicle bone. It's unclear whether the bones will ever fuse together because of the distance.

On the bright side, this is a non-issue as long as I am able to gain full functionality of my arm/shoulder and there is no pain. Right now, I have full range of motion but am lacking some strength (no reps of 225 for awhile) and can only move so far before stretching some of the scar tissue, which causes a bit of pain. Will have to try to take it easy ... i.e. no running up concrete stairs.

Dr. Seidner's recommendation was nothing new. Basically, listen to your body. If it hurts, don't do it. And no contact sports, like tackle football or rugby. Hmm, sounds like I can still enjoy my summer outside.

Sad thing about an injury like this, there's nothing me or anybody can do to affect the recovery/outcome. It's all about letting nature run its course.

No comments: