Thursday, July 06, 2006

Day 34, Back in the Gym

Today was my first day back in the gym since that ominous day against Multiple Scorgasm where I was a VERY VERY girly man, breaking my collarbone on a failed TD catch in the endzone.

Happy to be back though! It felt good to be amongst the people in the testoterone filled Gold's Gym where most dudes' biceps are bigger than both of my quads put together. Rather than focusing on specific muscle groups, I did a circuit of sorts alternating between various LIGHT dumbbell exercises to ease back into the routine. I'm talking like 10 lb. dumbbell lateral and overhead raises. Yeah, pretty comedic to see me grimacing doing 10 lb. lifts. Nice thing though was that I was able to do legs at full strength.

So it's all good ... hitting the gym a few times a week now will accelerate the bone rebuilding process and strengthen whatever muscles had atrophied in my shoulder. Very thankful that I feel little pain these days and can get back to doing the things that I REALLY enjoy.

No comments: