Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The NFL and Monday Night Football are Back ...

I am very excited that the 2006 NFL season has begun and we are well on our way towards another action-packed season filled with enough drama fit for several seasons of 90210 and Melrose Place combined. I'm talking about the quarterback controversies, the injuries, the trades, the fall of perennial All-Pros, the emergence of rookie stars, et al.

Couple the NFL season with a fantasy team and your downtime is completely accounted for. I think I spent literally 5 hours on the couch on Sunday watching football with my laptop acting as a heater for my thighs.

A few things that come to mind after Week 1:

  • Reggie Bush is the real deal; sorry, Mario Williams, you should not have been #1
  • Two aspirin ain't gonna' cut it for Trent Green after that vicious hit
  • Kellen Winslow looks to be following in dad's footsteps; looks like he's back from his motorcycle accident
  • LT is the best back in the NFL, period; even though I have last year's MVP on my fantasy team, LT does it all (running, catching, throwing)
  • Shawn Merriman is the new Freak
  • Chad Pennington is proving the naysayers wrong; his arm looks pretty strong to me
  • As annoying as he is off the field, T.O. is a playmaker and backs up his game week in and week out. He physically dominates the secondary he faces.
  • Fav-ruh, it's time to hang up the cleats
  • And lastly.... I think Martin Lawrence is the new QB for the Oakland Raiders.

No comments: