Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Day 4, Post Operation ACL

Today was a good day. Had my first post op visit with Dr. Green. I was able to see the new knee unveiled (very curious to see what was underneath the stained and bloodied bandages). It wasn't pretty (see below). He made a total of 6 incisions (2 of which were used to drill the graft into the 2 bones and the others were to look inside the knee and smooth out the meniscus in the back of the knee). Yeah I know, probably a little too much info.

All in all, good to get the first visit out of the way and have a plan for rehab. It starts ASAP. I'll be in the brace for the next 4-6 weeks and can walk without crutches as soon as comfortable. Right now, the brace gives me zero flexion (range of motion). I'm basically a pirate with a peg leg attached at the knee and I get to sleep with this bad boy (robo brace).

No comments: