Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mommy Wants a New Pair of Shoes, NFL Style

So this year, I've decided to play only one fantasy football league which is comprised of friends and family in Seattle. We're using Yahoo's fantasy football platform because I've had good experiences with it in the past.

One interesting note this year is that my wife Heather is playing for the first time as a rookie. She knows I have a passion for all things football and this is intended to create more bonding time together in front of the TV on Sundays. It's going to create more trash talking for sure.

We decided to put a little wager on the season since I'm supposed to be the Kasparov of fantasy football, if I say so myself. If Heather beats me this season (total points, not head-to-head), she can go shopping for a new pair of shoes or a new handbag. I don't think she means Payless; I'm actually scared she might go Sex in the City and throw down for some Manolo Blahniks.

I'm beginning to wonder what upside there is for me. Clearly nothing monetary!

No comments: