Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Don't Sweat the Small/Big Stuff

Sometimes you have to take a step back from the daily grind, remove yourself from all the drama, and re-examine it in the context of all that is good. I'm talking about the basics here: a bed to sleep in, food to eat, the clothes on your back, friends you can depend on, family that loves you, a strong belief in your abilities, and an active, healthy body.

In other words, everything else is basically gravy (e.g. the vacation to Seychelles, the new Lexus, that job promotion). I'm not advocating not setting goals or pursuing financial security. Absolutely not.

I just think that you can strip away some of that (since it's extraneous) and live an equally fulfilling life.

So I'll get off my soapbox and ....

Remind myself to NOT sweat the small/big stuff and be thankful for all the basics.

No comments: