Thursday, June 08, 2006

Belated Gracias to My Guardian Angels: Kellyn, Maggie, and Heather

When a little boy falls down and starts to cry, there’s always a mother to pick the little guy up, dust off his wound, and provide the proverbial kiss on the forehead. I’m not saying that’s what happened last Sunday but these ladies came to the rescue. It’s kind of ironic that none of the dudes thought anything was wrong; actually not ironic at all.

In my fallen state of shock, Kellyn and Maggie somehow sensed my faculties were not intact - I think my Casper the Friendly Ghost look AND loss of vision were strong indicators. Thank you ladies for making me lie down and hence, giving back my sight. Kind of important to me in the big scheme of things.

Upon regaining vision, Kellyn then drove me to the emergency room, got me into the ridiculous queue of waiting dumasses (e.g. one guy jumped off a fence and had a lead pipe go through his foot), and patiently hung out with mega-gimp until Heather arrived with a baggie of goodies. You know, like candy bars, bottled water, and mags (not the dirty kind). She’s kind of obligated to do that since she married me but nonetheless Heather did have the remarkable presence to bring me my latest read, Web Site Measurement Hacks. Yeah, I’m pretty cool.

One day ladies, I predict that you all will make a little boy feel very safe and happy that you're nearby to save the day. And lucky me, I was that kid for one afternoon. :)

No comments: