Saturday, June 10, 2006

One Lazy Saturday Morning: A New Do & Lattes

There's something nice about waking up on a Saturday morning and knowing that the next few hours are truly your own. I'm talking about the simple things .... like getting your haircut and sipping on one of the city's finest lattes.

I get my haircut at Studio 229 in Capitol Hill (i. e. Chicago's Lincoln Park of Seattle) from a very hip and talented chica by the name of Trista. She's a total perfectionist which jives well with me AND most importantly, she does a mean faux hawk. My du jour cut. If you are looking for a killer do and good conversation to boot, give her a call. She won't disappoint.

Since I've moved to Seattle, I admittedly have become a bit of a coffee/latte snob. I mean, it's kinda' like once "You go [black], you never go back." Yes, random but you get the point. I'm talking about that perfect blend of espresso and steamed milk with the latte art on the creamy, silky head of the foam usually shaped in a rosetta pattern. In my short time here, I have determined that three coffee shops deliver what I call the perfect latte. They are in no particular order and you should try each for yourself to make up your own mind:

Zoka in Tangletown (Green Lake), Espresso Vivace in Capitol Hill, and Uptown Espresso in Belltown.

You won't go wrong with any of these.

Based on this entry, can you figure out the anagram for Seattle?

No comments: